Aloha!

I'm terrible at these things!

Anyway, I've been in love with the NES since my family got one back when I was still too young to read the instruction manuals. It was always a lifelong dream to make Nintendo games, but by the time I was old enough to enter The Industry, it had kind of drastically shifted from my tastes and styles. (I wasn't fond of early 3D, you see, and the freedom of Tabletop had become irresistible)

But the 8- and 16-bit love never died, and I was Retro before it was even a thing, buying up what people were selling off in order to update their own collections. Blockbuster put Mom-and-Pop video stores out of business, and they would sell off their inventory cheap. Sad to see them go, but I had to preserve what I could.

Anyway, here we are now. The itch came back when I started hearing about the Homebrew scene making full-blown, box-and-all, brand-new NES carts. So I jumped back in. I had just finished up reading through a 1970's 6502 programming book I'd bought off of eBay when I heard about NESMaker. And now I'm here. Not quite through all the YT tutorials yet. Looking forward to working alongside you all! Loving some of what I've already seen.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome westcoastvagabond
Happy to have you here with us :)
When you'll start using NESmaker, following (all) the tutorial videos, it will be very helpfull to help you making your firsts games.
Feel free to share your projects, ideas, comments... ask questions, for help, ...
Can't wait to see what y ou create with NESmaker.

Thanks! Nice to meet you (at last), I've heard so much lurking the community. ;) Fun fact - I also appropriated your handle, back in high school. Though I preferred the title of "Agent."

My expected first work is something I'm thinking of as "Harvest Moon meets Pac-Man," a single-screen maze game, to get warmed up. But my pipe dream would be a "Mega-Man / Lost Vikings" tie-in to the podcast I narrate. And maybe a platformer action-RPG somewhere in there, for good measure.

Top Bottom