Hello People of the Forum!

MisterGimmick

Greetings guys! :D

i'm MisterGimmick, 18 years old, and i always wanted to make a video game, I didn't feel like learning a language, at least not for the moment. and i love retro games so i buy this software to try!

i'm sorry i'm not perfect english speaker (i speak french if you whant :lol: ) so maybe i will make some mistakes, and I'm sorry for that and do not hesitate to report them to me!

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome MisterGimmick
Glad to have you here with us...
NESmaker is a great tool to make 8bit games that you can actually play on a real NES console! Before you start don't forget to watch ALL the tutorial videos. It's very important, to learn how it works, how to use, ... and how to make your first simple NES games.
You will find a lot of resources on the forum, some scripts, a lot of answers to questions asked... come and search here when you have issues.
Feel free to sahre your projects, WIP, ideas, comments... ask about your issues, questions, ... we'll do our best to help you (when we can).
Also you can find us, on the NESmakers facebook group... and on the discord server.
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

A bientôt ;)

MisterGimmick

dale_coop said:
Welcome MisterGimmick
Glad to have you here with us...
NESmaker is a great tool to make 8bit games that you can actually play on a real NES console! Before you start don't forget to watch ALL the tutorial videos. It's very important, to learn how it works, how to use, ... and how to make your first simple NES games.
You will find a lot of resources on the forum, some scripts, a lot of answers to questions asked... come and search here when you have issues.
Feel free to sahre your projects, WIP, ideas, comments... ask about your issues, questions, ... we'll do our best to help you (when we can).
Also you can find us, on the NESmakers facebook group... and on the discord server.
Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker.

A bientôt ;)

thinks ^^ i think i will start with a simple game, the only problem its i'm bad at music and draws XD

dale_coop

Staff member
MisterGimmick said:
thinks ^^ i think i will start with a simple game, the only problem its i'm bad at music and draws XD

Like me... if one day you see my PressStart Game (lien dans ma signature), you'll see my game is just about small squares :p Ah ah
Don't worry... just have fun!
Also the tutorials come with some samples (musics and sounds).

MisterGimmick

Like me... if one day you see my PressStart Game (lien dans ma signature), you'll see my game is just about small squares :p Ah ah
Don't worry... just have fun!
Also the tutorials come with some samples (musics and sounds).

oh you speak a little french?

MisterGimmick

Ah ah... Je suis français ;) J'habite à Nantes. Et toi, tu es d'où ?

oh, dans le sud ouest! vers Toulouse Tarbes, sa fait plaisir de voir qu'il y a un français car j'ai perdu de mon niveau en anglais faut que je le pratique encore

Yup, I have not done enough Duolingo for this thread... Bienvenidos, mucho gusto (heh). Anyway, welcome and best wishes on your endeavors. Any ideas what you might like to make?

MisterGimmick

westcoastvagabond said:
Yup, I have not done enough Duolingo for this thread... Bienvenidos, mucho gusto (heh). Anyway, welcome and best wishes on your endeavors. Any ideas what you might like to make?

i have a lot of ideas! for examples, a plateformer game and a JRPG game ^^

Top Bottom