Hello World!

hakota

Greetings everyone,

I've been collecting retro games for 15 years now, and I've wanted to create my own game since I was a kid. I've made a shooter and a puzzle game in C++ already, but there's something special about having a physical copy that will play on legitimate hardware. I'm so excited to have the resources and community to try making something actually playable on the NES!

I'm interested in slowly learning everything about the inner workings of the nesmaker framework, that way I can modify whatever I want. Is there any good tutorials that goes through all of the asm used in the modules so they can be expanded upon? In particular I want to add 4 way scrolling to the adventure game module.

I'm currently watching this series about programming a nes emulator from the bottom up, and it's been really helpful understanding the hardware for those who like visual examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8kx56OZQhg

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome hakota
Glad you joined us. Tutorials..? I guess all th enesmaker ones (on the official webpage or the official youtube channel) TheNew8BitHeroes.com
On the forum you'll find some resources, answers to questions, ideas... feel free to share your projects, WIP, ...
Can't wait to see what your will create ;)
Have fun

Top Bottom