Hi all! vasge_ here!

vasge_

Hi all!

I'm vasge_, and I've been having a blast with NESMaker! My background is in Art, and I'm basically illiterate when it comes to programming (let alone asm!) :_:
I've followed a bunch of the tutorials, both on here and on the YouTube channel, and also a lot of figuring things out as I go.

My main first project on NESMaker is called "Vastus", and it's basically inspired by some of my favorite NES games, like Castlevania 3, Zelda 2, Kid Icarus, Metroid, etc. :D

After lurking this forum for a bit I have to say some users here are *extremely* talented! Some of the stuff covered here has been a God send for me and my game, and I can't thank some of you enough!

Here's my thread for "Vastus" on WIP!
http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4802

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome vasge
We are very happy you joined us :)
It’s not easy at first, but with tutorials, following them again and again, you’ll quickly be able to make your own games.
A lot of answers can be found on the forum, resources, gfx, scripts,... and awesome people!
Feel free to share your ideas, comments, questions... if you have issues don’t hesitate to ask.
Can’t wait to see what you will create with NM.
Have fun!

vasge_

Thanks Dale!! I was actually able to implement the object-based Melee weapon and some other things in my game thanks to your posts here! Thank you so much for those, they help out a lot!

Dirk

Hi vasge_! Welcome to the NESmaker forum! I've checked out your WIP thread and your art background really shows :)
I'm looking forward to your projects. I hope you'll keep sharing your progress, as I find it very interesting to see how the games here evolve over time.

Top Bottom