A Wisconsin Hello

JackBurton

Hello everyone!!

I have been lurking in this forum for a little while now, admiring all the great works posted. A lot of amazing finished projects and promising works in process.

I have just installed NesMaker, received my activation code, and created an account on the forum; cannot wait to join the fun.

I have no experience in ASM, music, or pixel art, but am overflowing with ideas. I look forward to collaborating and sharing with everyone ( I will likely be asking many questions, hope to participate in Byte 2020 ).

Best tidings,

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome JackBurton,

Glad to have you here with us.
Before starting with NESmaker, I'd suggest you to watch all the tutorial video, to learn how to use, how to do, ... and make your first simple NES games.
On the forum you will find a lot of resources, help, scripts, ... answers to your questions ;)
Feel free to share your ideas, comments, projects, WIPs, ...

Have fun !

Jonny

Sweet dude, looking forward to seeing your ideas. I'm at a similar point to you with experience. Good luck with it all.

JackBurton

Thanks for the welcomes!!

First question of many to come. I have watched the tutorials and feel a somewhat ready to jump in. I read there is a new version coming this weekend, I'm not sure if it makes sense to hold off on diving in, or rather it wont be that much of an impact?

Being a new user, I'm not sure how significant the changes are from version to version. I'm thinking I want to make a turn based, "Nobunga's Ambition" style game.

Thanks!

Jonny

Maybe work on your graphics tile sets, assets, monsters, level design (screen painting) or music. All of the above can be exported.

I'd recommend doing the tutorials too, then when the new version drops you'll know the basics. Joe's newer videos demonstrate some of the changes. They're significant but won't render the tutorials completely obsolete.

Raftronaut

JackBurton said:
Hello everyone!!

I have been lurking in this forum for a little while now, admiring all the great works posted. A lot of amazing finished projects and promising works in process.

I have just installed NesMaker, received my activation code, and created an account on the forum; cannot wait to join the fun.

I have no experience in ASM, music, or pixel art, but am overflowing with ideas. I look forward to collaborating and sharing with everyone ( I will likely be asking many questions, hope to participate in Byte 2020 ).

Best tidings,

Hey welcome, a fellow wisconsinite. Nice to have another cheese person.

Jonny

I had to Google the Wisconstin cheese reference. If it comes up on a quiz im all set. Looks delicious!

Top Bottom