Hey!

offparkway

Probably should have done this a while ago. My name is Clay, and I'm a photographer (although not so much right now, as COVID has canceled all my work for the year). I'm also a musician... done a lot of original stuff in the past, but nowadays I play guitar in a 90's cover band to packed, sweaty bar crowds in the San Francisco area. With the same drummer I formed my first band with in 7th grade actually.

Not a huge gamer, but really love my classic Nintendo stuff. Zelda is my favorite franchise (I own almost every game complete in box), but Mario 3 is my favorite game of all time. I used to ROM hack for fun, and even tried making a sequel to Mario 3 back in 2002. I still have the ROM for that, but I only got 1 or 2 worlds into it.

So I found myself here! Because I have a joke band (look up "Weed N' Stiff Buttermoose" on YouTube... no, it has nothing to do with weed) that I've been a part of since I was 12 years old, with my step brother. I'm almost 39 now, lol. Since I'm currently 11 songs into writing a new album for us, I had an idea to make a game based on our silly band (equally ridiculous as the music) and NESMaker is exactly what I was looking for.

FYI, if you did listen, it's supposed to be ridiculous. I spend *some* time creating the music, and the singer improvises all of his stuff as we record it. So to do the Buttermoose video, he had to memorize what he sang on the recording... about 2 minutes before we filmed it.

Cheers from California!

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey welcome offparkway

Glad to have you here with us.
NESmaker is fun tool to make NES games... (games that can actually be played on real NES console)
Currently, as you may have noticed, it's the Summer Camp, with a new version that come out for that... the functionalities are deliberately absent from the module, because the goal of the Camp is to learn out it work and how we can customize the almost-empty module to make our own modules, how work scripts, ... following all the tutorial videos and patches that Joe release every week.
The definitive 4.5 version of NESmaker will be released with all the fonctionnalities and modules after the Camp.

On the forum, you will find a lot of resources, scripts (mainly for the previous version... so not really compatible with the 4.5)... also projects that members are making and sharing.

Feel free to share, asm, comments...

See you :)

Jonny

HI

Not a bad time to get started with NesMaker. As Dale said, the Summer Camp tutorials are here and its a great time for learning.

I've heard that albums can be put onto NES carts (probably not with NesMaker, maybe?) and at decent quality. If I had a band and music like you, I'd research that too. Although, an actual game about your band would be really cool too. I'm picturing something like the journey arcade game.

Top Bottom