Well.. hello

Krakenpine

First time ever I make this kind of self-introducing post in any board, maybe I'll even try to be active.
I got my nes in probably 1990, and I always wanted to make some kind of game for it, but it seemed to be arcane wizardry, beyond the grasp of mortals. Over 20 years after that I noticed that I know enough about computers and programming to have it come down to barely comprehensible wizardry. I've managed to make couple of proof of concepts of nes-roms that have controllable character in top-down or platforming view (and a pcm-sample -player...), but making a whole game with assembly just was a too big project for my skills.
NESmaker seems to be a good way to finally try this for real. I certainly can program my own scripts when they are needed, but not needing to do all the grunt work of game engine basics from nothing makes all the difference.

Also, I'm some kind of a musician, and I started making music with trackers, so making music with Famitracker should be quite tolerable process. How much one can try to compensate shortcomings of graphics and game design with quality of music?

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome Krakenpine
Glad to have you here with us :)
Seems that you got a lot of useful skills for NESmaker. It will help you to customize the modules, making your own scripts.
Before starting, don't forget to watch the tutorials.

Can't wait to see what you will create with NM.

mouse spirit

Welcome! I remember the music as much if not more than graphics alot of times.i think music is a very important part of a game and sometimes the best part.

CutterCross

Welcome! Be sure to check out this guide to NESmaker-compatible music / SFX before you get into the nitty-gritty of creating music: https://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3018

Top Bottom