Hello from Reno, NV!

MayDonutLover

Hi, I'm May! I'm already in the process of working on my first game, and I saw this tool, and thought, "This looks really helpful".
I'm an 8-bit sprite artist, and my graph-paper books will definitely show that off.
My first game is going to be a "choose your character" Dungeon Platformer, so I'm hoping this program will help me out there.

dale_coop

Staff member
Welcome MayDonutLover

Glad you joined our community :)
NESmaker is an awesome tool to create real NES games <3
I'd suggest to follow the tutorials videos on the official website (the orientation tutorial from the LEARN page... and the tutorials from the byteoff2020 page)

Can't wait to see what you will create with NESmaker
Have fun!

Hello May! Welcome and hope you have fun making your first game. Also, you can thankfully import graphics pretty easily for your project. Joe gives detailed explanations on how to import graphics in the "intermediate" tutorials. I'd recommend taking a look at those. So, if you want to import your own graphics, just substitute your saved images for the ones he loads in the tutorials. Does that make sense?

mouse spirit

An easy way is to open the correct file in nesmaker, then open your graphics in paint or photoshop or whatever, select, copy, then ctrl V on the graphics into the nemaker bmp editor.

Then make edits or correct the colors for nemaker to recognize, get rid of bad pixels.

PasseGaming

If you go to the Pixel Editor, then at the top of your screen click on Pixel Editor, click on add tab, then go to that tab and load the bmp file. Find your file and load it in. Now, if it isn't in the proper RGB format you'll have to color the pixels by hand (Joe does go over this in several tutorials), then copy said sprite onto the sprite sheet you want it on. Use the select titles for cut and paste, select those tiles and press ctrl+c to copy. Then on the sprite sheet you want the graphic on press ctrl+v to paste the graphic (ctrl+shift+v centers whatever your pasting). save and you're good to go!

An welcome to the forums!

MayDonutLover

Thank you everyone for the advice! This has helped me more than you know! I appreciate it so very much! I can't wait to show the world what I've made! It's gonna take me a few months, but I'm definitely excited!

Top Bottom