Graphic issue between the HUD and the screen

pit.baldriz

Hi guys!

I´m having some graphics issue on the top of the screen of my scrolling platformer game. Is between the HUD and the screen, like the graphics are loading with a lag:

ramen-error.png

Maybe is easier to understand checking the video:

[media]https://youtu.be/97PlTdyWV9Y[/media]

Please, let me know if you have any idea of what could happen and how to solve it?

Thanks!!

Mugi

it's the "H-blank wait time" on the sprite zero settings. the screen split occurs at a bad time causing "graphics bleeding"

you can try to fix it by adjusting the value on the h-blank setting on the sprite zero, or adjusting the position of the sprite zero itself and seeing how it affects it.

pit.baldriz

Thanks Mugi! I´ve been playing with different settings for the H-blank and the sprite zero, but couldn´t find one that solves the problem. Here is what I originally had:

error-hud.jpg

dale_coop

Staff member
It's a sprite 0 issue... it split where it collides with non transparent pixel...
You could try moving the sprite 0 to another place (X=0 instead of 246)...?
Or adding a non black pixel in your hud bottom right corner...?

pit.baldriz

Ok, I tried changing the X=0 and now the glitch is not that bad. But I was wondering if I can achieve perfection (hahaha!). How can I add new images on my hud bottom right corner?

dale_coop

Staff member
To assign a tile to your bottom right corner HUD, go to the "HUD & boxes", in the "Tiles" tab.... find the "_BOX_0_BR" element, and assign a graphic tile to it:

2019-07-24-11-22-24-NES-MAKER-4-1-5-Version-0x159-Dungeons-and-Doom-Knights-MST.png

I'd really suggest you to watch the "sprite zero" video on the official page. It shows you how it works, why... and how to customize it to make it almost invisible.

pit.baldriz

I´ve tried and is still not working. I will check the tutorial video again to see if I did something wrong.

KamDraby

Hi

I would like to know how to remove the HUD in freeride. I want to remove the health indicator, car speedometer and score indicator to get clean screen in freeride. I would be pleased if I could get some advices on how to achieve this in best way.

Top Bottom