Game crashes after loosing life of collecting item

Every time I die in the game or grab an item, the screen freezes and the music stops. I cant seem to figure out what the problem is.
I cant work on anything in the game until the issue is fixed. Any ideas? :?:

dale_coop

Staff member
Ok... weird.
Is it freezing as soon as you take a item? any item? And as soon as you die? by a death tile or by monsters? no freeze when your player is hurt?

dale_coop said:
Ok... weird.
Is it freezing as soon as you take a item? any item? And as soon as you die? by a death tile or by monsters? no freeze when your player is hurt?
It happens when I touch an object with "Get Key" set as its collision. It also happens when I die.

dale_coop

Staff member
Do you have SFX in your game? SFX from the tutorial folder or sfx you made?
If you comment out the  »PlaySound » line from the getkey script, is it still freezing?

If you want, I could check your project and tell you what’s going on...?

dale_coop said:
Do you have SFX in your game? SFX from the tutorial folder or sfx you made?
If you comment out the  »PlaySound » line from the getkey script, is it still freezing?

If you want, I could check your project and tell you what’s going on...?
I don't have any sound effects yet. Also it doesn't crash when I comment it out.View attachment Adventure3.zip

dale_coop

Staff member
If it doesn't crash when you comment it out, that's it. It's because it tries to play sfx, but you don't have yet?
Just add the demo music/sfx... until you got yours. or comment out the "PlaySound" lines until you got your own sfx sounds.

dale_coop

Staff member
Has it fixed your issue?
(else I will check your project... but I will also need your GraphicAssets & GameEngineData folders)

Top Bottom