"INL Retro" Dumper-Programmer

DTMenace

Hello all,

I am new to NESMaker, and to begin with I started playing with my newly purchased "INL Retro" Dumper-Programmer. I have been practicing dumping rom from my original NES cartridges, and playing them on my PC using NEStopia. Then I began trying to learn how to flash the dumped ROMS onto an NROM purchased from InfiniteNESLives as well. After some frustration with the coding in the nrom.lua script, I was also successful in writing the dumped ROMs to the NROM Cart using the "INL Retro" Dumper-Programmer (I have tried two of my owned games, Duck Hunt and Hogans Alley). To verify everything worked correctly, I would dump the flashed ROMs to my PC and ensured they also played on the emulator NEStopia as smoothly as the original. I even compared both the original dump and flashed dump ROM files in HxD to verify they HEX codes were identical.

I had though I had achieved success. Unfortunately, the flashed cartridge will not load in my original NES Systems (I have 3 and it did not work in any), while of course the orginal cartridge runs fine. Would anyone be able to provide any information on why this is? Both the original Cart dump ROM and the flashed cart dump ROM, play the same in NEStopia, and are identical when compared in a HEX editor, but the flashed Cart does not load in the NES System.

I may try to take my flashed NROM Car tdown to the local game store to see if it will load on a Retron System.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Mugi

im not sure if the infinite nes lives NROM carts work the same way as the mapper 30 carts do, but with the mapper 30 carts, they are "multi region" and to change the region lock of it, you put it in the console
turn it on, and if it doesnt boot and just blinks the light, hold down reset to change the cart's region coding.

this only needs to be done once, the cart will remember the last used region.

DTMenace

Thank for the Reply Mugi. Browsing the Infinite NES Lives website it does appear the cart is multi region. I wish I could say I had some success with that, but I did not unfortunately, The NES system boots up without the blinking light, however I tried the rest button to change the region. It doesn't appear to change the regions because I cant seem to switch between regions. One would think if you have the incorrect region the System Power light would blink, but I can't get it to do that.

I appreciate your kind support though. Cheers.

Top Bottom