projectile and health problems,

kstreetman

I apologize in advance if im poorly articulating the problem but here it goes, Im making a game using the adventure module. my melee/sword works fine but my projectile doesn't move and my player cant walk after pressing A(he can change directions) ive set the object to a player weapon and have the end action and end animation set to go to first and its set on action 2 which is my attack and i have the timer set a one and an speed and acceleration set up on the projectile

My other problem is that i dont have my health power ups dropped when i destroy monsters and i even tried placing on the screen and it doest refill my health when i pick it up. the pickup is also disappearing for a few second then reappearing for the same amount of time. I have the item set the a pickup.

dale_coop

Staff member
Hey kstreetman

Check again:
- Your "Player" object, set the "Action Step 2" End of Action to "GoToFirst" with a Timer value of "1". keep the rest default (Action "null, End of Animation "null").
- Now, your "Projectile" object, set "player weapon", a MAX SPEED to "100" and ACCELERATION to "255". Nothing to set for the Action Steps (Really, nothing to set here! else it could be your issue).
- Also check that the constant "OBJECT_PLAYER_PROJECTILE" value (in "Project Settings > User Constants") corresponds to the Object id you use (I think it should be "1", for the projectile object).
If still doesn't work, please, share screenshots of all those settings.

About the monster drops that don't work, there is a tutorial to fix that issue: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1740

And concerning your pickup issues.... what do you mean, exactly, you take it and it comes back on the screen? or when you re-enter into that screen?

kstreetman

I tried what you said with the projectiles and didn't seem to work, i will post pictures of the settings as soon as i can. as for the health pick up I did the tutorial fix and it also didn't help. what i meant by pick up is, the health power up is reappearing and appearing on screen before i pick it up (its about 5 second intervals) since my enemies where not dropping health power ups I though i would just placed some on the screen but since it does not increase my health it does me no good

kstreetman

I was able to fix all but one of the problems. i did not have the health script set to my power up 00 and it was vanishing and appearing due to me accidentally putting at the frame count at 2. As far as my projectile problem my player can now move after firing, I fixed that by going into the script and (i apologize if I'm using the incorrect terminology) activating a line of code. The only problem left is the projectile is still not moving

dale_coop

Staff member
For the projectile, check in the community tutorials section of this forum, there is a tutorial to add projectiles in the platform 4.1.

Top Bottom