Player jumble

red moon

Hello,
I wanted to see if anyone has experienced a player jumble like this?
I've been asking my family to run short tests of the game and they all end up in this state when pressing the D pad in varying ways. It looked to a cycle of all game object on the player sheet and lasts for maybe 10 seconds before it ends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm1Qotkb97g

Dirk

Yes, I've had the same problem. I don't know how I solved it. Do your different animations of your character have the same amount of frames? I somewhat remember that this at least used to cause some problems.

Dirk

Oh, it could also be because of too many frames, as this post here suggests:

n8bit said:
After a lot of trial and error I managed to get this animation on a 6x4 boss...

fJvEdZ1.gif

Used 5 frames. Anything more than 5 frames and it would start glitching. Basically frame 6-8 would be a mess. Strange that the limit was 5.

red moon

First thing,,,,this boss character is amazing! great work! I love the little guy climbing inside...that had to take some time to get everything just right!
I did go through and recheck my frame count and the walk cycles are 4 frames, most other animated sequences are limited to 2 frames at most.
I am working on adding the low attack animations that work with crouch...this may fix the issues since the scramble seems to appear when players press inputs with the attack button that are not assigned.

dale_coop

Staff member
hmmm... make sure all the animations ("walking_left", "walking_right", ...) that are assigned to an animation type ("Walk") have all the same frame count. I remember that it used to be an issue about that.

Top Bottom