Melee refrencing issue

198X'

Ive had nes maker for about 6 months now. Spent the first two months learning, practicing, watching all the tutorials. Learning the tools, need to learn assembly. Working on a pretty cool game (Between working and being a dad) But I got stuck. So I decided to come to the forums and see if i could get help. Here's some rough drafts. having melee referencing issues. I've checked through all the game objects and none look like part of a head with the wrong pallet lol. I'm a noob.
Capture.png
Capture1.png
Capture4.png
Capture5.png

red moon

Hello, This is looking amazing so far!
I myself and quite excited about what you have here.
To set the melee sprite, open up user constants and set the sprite weapon to the corresponding sprite position on your sheet that represents the weapon.
In my case, it is a short sword (10) my projectile is (11)
I hope this helps!

Attachments

• user1.jpg
    user1.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 941
  • user2.jpg
    user2.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 941

198X'

red moon said:
To set the melee sprite, open up user constants and set the sprite weapon to the corresponding sprite position on your sheet that represents the weapon.
I hope this helps!

Awesome! Thank you for the encouragement and the help. This should solve my issue. Gonna dig into this. I'll send a copy when i finish (or get closer) Thanks again!

198X'

dale_coop said:
Also, which script are you using for the melee? the "b_create_melee.asm"?

I haven't dug into the asm yet (I've looked at it but that's it) Thanks to your help and everyone else's, I should be able to move forward. Awesome Mii

198X'

It worked! And gave me a better understanding of that user constant. Can I access two sprite sections simultaneously to make a weapon longer?

198X'

red moon said:
I hope this helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSBE0uVBBTA (updated) Thanks again!

Top Bottom