AssignBanks.asm(96) Value out of Range ????

Pete2kX

Hello @ll.

I actually get this error and can`t figure out why. Everything worked perfect before. Yesterday I added some scripts for a GameOver Screen and so on.

But everything worked so far. Today I added a Bank 2 Background CHR and then I got this error message, Measuring, Bit Depth and Colors are absolutely the same like the other Backgrounds. I checked them all. After the AssignBanks info in cmd I get the game.nes not found message...

What is in number 96 and what could this mean? If it`s important, I didn`t add music yet and custom scripts worked all until this error.

Oh and all BckCHRs are very small, so I really didn`t raise the kb used in my project. There are just a few screens done until now with a few tiles and objects...

By the way... do you save your graphics in 16 or 256 colors or as 24bit BMPs (i use Gimp for creating and paint for saving with the correct data)?

Greetings

Mugi

the number means that the error that happens, happesn on line 96 of the file assignbanks.asm

Pete2kX

Hello Mugi. Thanks for your reply... I checked this in n++:

;bank 18 (11)
.base $8000
.include ROOT\BankData\Bank11.asm
.pad $c000

Do you have any idea what .pad $c000 stands for or what this bank contains in general? Or is it just so that this bank respectively any bank of the 32 banks altogether could contain many possible things? :)

Greetz
Pete

Mugi

it just means that your bank11 is overflowing. bank 11 is the second graphics databank (called bank2 in nesmaker UI)
which means that propably one of your bitmaps for bank 2 graphics is too large (bckchr_06.bmp -> bckchr_11.bmp and bckSSchr_10.bmp -> bckSSchr_19.bmp are located in this bank.)

as far as bit depth goes, it shouldn't matter really. nesmaker just reads the bmp's as-is and to my knowledge it will read them correctly regardless of if you store them in 16, 256 or true color.

Pete2kX

Hello Mugi. This helps alot!! BckCHR_10 was one of the new BMPs I created today. Since then there is this error when I want to test. I checked the data and also reloaded/changed back this BMP with the blank original one. But until now I have no luck. But I check it out again tomorrow. Perhaps there is a trick or something to get it working again!? Thank you very much! Greetings

Pete2kX

Mugi :D it works... i was a little bit stupid and messed around with bckchr and bcksschr :( so the size, path,... weren`t correct anymore :)

Thank you very much!!! I already felt like "sh..! I have to start all over again" :D

Top Bottom