Problem: Some levels are darker than others on NES using the same palette.

vanderblade

I have a series of single-screen levels that all use a darker palette.

On the emulator, they look great. Moody but bright enough to see everything clearly.

On my NES using a LCD TV, however, there is a weird issue. Some of these levels display as moody but bright. Others, on the other hand, are incredibly dark. They are all using the same palette and there is no issue on the emulator.

This has happened on two LCD TVs. I have discovered it's something to do with the LCD TV auto dimming the picture on certain screens. When I adjust the volume, the screen brightens to its beautiful self. But otherwise, I have no way of controlling the TV's auto-dim.

Anybody else have experience with some screens looking darker than others when playing on an actual NES using an LCD TV?

Logana

You realize that because of the tv right it’s composit and it is usually alittle to a lot darker

Jonny

Never heard of auto dimming depending on the signal but my dad is an electrician and has been working on TVs for years. I'll ask him when I can and let you know. I understand your concern, if it happens on other peoples TVs it could ruin the experience for people playing your game.

Is there anyway you could post a video of it happening?

Top Bottom