Trouble starting emlulation

So I'm having trouble getting my game to load into Mesen and it keeps giving me this error message:

Routines\Basic\\System\AssignBanks.asm(90): Value out of range.
Routines\Basic\\System\AssignBanks.asm(96): Value out of range.
demo.txt written.

I don't know what to do, I heard that someone had the same problem and had to change the security settings to recover the uninstall files. I tried to find that setting in Windows 10 and was unsuccessful. I then tried to reinstall NESMaker and it still has the same issue. :?

Does anyone else have a clue how to solve this issue?

Dirk

Someone on Facebook had the same problem. In his case the problem occured, because a background graphics file had bigger dimensions than allowed.
So a first step for you would be to check if your files have the right dimensions.

JR said:
You should have 6 BckCHR files numbered 00 to 05 with 128x48 resolution
10 BckSSChr files numbered 00 to 09 with 128x16
1 PathTiles00 file with 128x64

(Since I don't know if the poster is okay with posting his name here I just use initials.)

I've had a new issue with loading my game. Before I had a working sprite that could move around on the map, except the sprite would disappear after I would make it go up. Trying to solve this issue made my sprite completely disappearing after I added in the art and animation of walking up. I also have the animation after I stop moving, while it's moving it freeze frames and started animating again after I stopped moving. For right now, my sprite on the map doesn't even show. I went back over the lesson of starting a sprite, but no success.

dale_coop

Staff member
Make sure your settings for the Sprite Zero are corrects (in HUD & Boxes)
There is a detailed video about the "Sprite Zero" on the nesmaker webpage.

Top Bottom