[4.5] Can't move player UpRight/UpLeft

m8si

This should be simple but I am not able to figure out what is wrong.

The first time script works fine. When I press UpRight/UpLeft the player moves correctly. But after I press DownRight/DownLeft player keeps moving DownRight/DownLeft even though I press UpRight/UpLeft.

Code:
  TXA
    STA temp ;; assumes the object we want to move is in x.

StartMoving temp, #UPRIGHT

RTS

Code:
 TXA

StartMoving temp, #DOWNRIGHT

RTS

etc...

m8si

I can't post screenshot right now. I have those scripts attached to up and down presses. On hold button. I even tested it on fresh version of nesmaker to make sure I haven't broke any scripts.

On fresh install I made new project using 4.5 template that comes with it. Then I made a playerobject and just added those scripts to input scripts and attached them to keypresses. Did I miss something?

dale_coop

Staff member
No, it should be correct... but sometimes, small mistakes in the input editor.
If it's just that, I can check quickly...

dale_coop

Staff member
Here's my UPRIGHT:

Code:
    TXA

StartMoving temp, #UPRIGHT
        TXA
        ChangeFacingDirection temp, #FACE_UPRIGHT

RTS

m8si

Strange. Is your code working properly also after downright movement has occured?

m8si

Is changeFacingDirection required? I cut it out because there is no need to change animation ay my case. But maybe it affects to movement also. I have to test it later

dale_coop

Staff member
Yeah. All my diagonal movements work fine.
Could you share a screenshot of your Input Editor? I can check that the issue is not from here.

dale_coop

Staff member
After some tests with your configuration... I can reproduce the issue.
Your project is very particular because you don't move just left / right / up / down.... so, some variables are not set back correctly.

For the use of YOUR project, you could try this:

1) Duplicate the "oStartMovingInADirection.asm" script (located in your "Routines\BASE_4_5\System\ObjectBehaviors" folder) as "oStartMovingInADirection_Diags.asm", for example...

2) Modify that "oStartMovingInADirection_Diags.asm", line 8, adding:
Code:
		STA Object_direction,x
Like this:
2020-07-02-09-26-23-Z-NESmaker-4-5-Tutorial-Project-20200605-Game-Engine-Data-Routines-BASE-4-5-Syst.png

3) Then, in your "Project Settings > Script Settings", select the "Start Moving" under "Behaviors" and assign the "oStartMovingInADirection_Diags.asm" to it:
2020-07-02-09-28-52-Project-Settings.png

Now, I think your diagonal movements should work better, in your case.

Top Bottom