4.1.5 - Different boss Projectiles & Shoot at Player coordinate.

Saulus_Lira

Good morning Nesmakers.
I am in need of help, and whoever can help me I thank you very much.
I am working on a platform game project, it is very simple and not long enough, because after compiling for a cartridge I want it to be playable for less than 30 minutes (a fast and fun game).
I only have two doubts, I've tried to find something here on the forum, something like what I want to do, but I didn't find it, or I must have missed something, because there are so many doubts from several programmers that I was kind of lost in this whirlwind .
1) I know that the enemy can use two types of attack. Shoot Foward and shoot at the player. And what I would like to know is how can I change the projectile launched by the boss? I have 5 bosses, and I would like each one to launch a different shot at my player.
For example: All projectiles launched by my Bosses will be "Shoot at Player". As soon as I pass the first boss, I activate a code that changes the tiles of my projectile (Shoot at Player), soon it will be used by the second boss, and so on. It is possible?

2) My "Shoot at Player" projectile is coming from above the screen and not from my Boss's position. Where in the assembly code can I find the change in this coordinate?

dale_coop

Staff member
An idea...

You could use a monster object as your your monster projectile (change the OBJ_MONSTER_PROJECTILE constant value)...
And use a different tileset for all your bosses... if you place your boss projectile graphics at the same plate in the tilesets... The graphics displayed would be the ones from the boss tileset. (because only one monster tileset loaded at the time)

Saulus_Lira

dale_coop said:
An idea...

You could use a monster object as your your monster projectile (change the OBJ_MONSTER_PROJECTILE constant value)...
And use a different tileset for all your bosses... if you place your boss projectile graphics at the same plate in the tilesets... The graphics displayed would be the ones from the boss tileset. (because only one monster tileset loaded at the time)

Thanks again Dale. I'll try this today.

About the Projectile coordinate, any tip?

dale_coop

Staff member
It's the easiest (and versatile) way.

Another possibility would be to hard code all the projectile objects to use depending of the boss monster id that shoot... in the shoot scripts. But it's very specific to your project.

Top Bottom