Issues with monsters 4.5.2

mkjake63

I've been messing around with nesmaker for a few weeks now and I know this version is still in beta however I was wondering if someone could help me with monsters. I've restarted and redid the tutorials about 3 times now and even deleted everything and reinstalled it but whenever I add monsters my game starts to bug out really badly. Either the tiles will get all mismatched or the issue i'm having now is that my projectile won't show and they start to interact with the jump block. My guess is that the game is processioning too many object at a time but I've only really spawned in one monster and the other ones I spawned later on don't even show up. Maybe it's the way the screen loads them? Not sure but any help would be appreciated! I've included some videos as well.

Game with monsters spawned:
[media]https://youtu.be/Bv78xbqfaOc[/media]

dale_coop

Staff member
It's a beta... the code engine is not optimized and the scripts are very basic (for us to understand) but are not complete.
Your projectile is not showing because your monsters are too large
The NES can only display 8 sprites on the same scan line (same horizontal line)... every sprite after that will not render.
So if your player is 3 or 4 wide... and your monsters are 4 or 5... when you shoot the sprite of the ball will not be drawn.
Try reducing your monsters / objects/...

And for you trampoline tile script... if you don't want the monsters bounce on it, you need to modify the script to be executed only if the object that colliding is the player
Modify your Trampoline.asm script, and at the very beginning, add: this code
Code:
	CPX player1_object
	BNE +skip ;; if not the player, we skip the code

mkjake63

That fixed it! Still new to how this works so I wasn't aware of that, good to know and appreciate the code, thank you for the help!

Top Bottom