Issue with half path tileset layout (Maze, 4.5.6)

I created a screen and used some paths and that's all fine. But then I changed the tile layout to the half path option because I don't need all of those path options and would prefer to have an extra screen tileset. The editor still shows my screen as normal, but when I load the game, the screen is blank/all white/all my first tile (but still observes collisions).

I noticed that when you switch from the regular default tile layout to the half path, it changes the path tile from path 0a to path 0c. So I made sure to change it back to 0a using the drop down menu, but still have the same issue. Then I thought, well maybe it prefers/requires 0c for some reason when you use the half path option, so I copied over my path to 0c, and created a new path set and saved it under path info, and I still have the same issue.

I went to screen info and under "misc screen settings" there's an option for selecting paths. Only the path sets from 0a appear as an option.

I tried a different screen without paths, and it looks like even when there are no paths on the screen, if I select half path as my tile layout option, it causes the entire screen to be blank/the first tile in the tile set.

Am I missing something?

I know this is sort of an old post but did you ever find a solution? I'm having similar trouble with the half path tile layout but would very much like to use it.

Meeka

I'm using the adventure mod in Nesmaker 4.5.6 and having the same exact issue as described above.
1607341580823.png1607341602792.png
Has anyone heard of a solution?

dale_coop

Staff member
Exact some "layouts" are not implemented in that version of NESmaker ("half paths" is one of them).

Top Bottom