Melee attack in Metrovania Module on 4.5.6

Subotai

Hi,

after 1 year away from Nesmaker, I'm finally back.
i've updated my Nesmaker to 4.5.6, I've followed a lot of tutorials too. A lot of thing has changed in a positive way ;)

In the previous version there was a script for melee attack : b_attack_melee.asm or something like that, I don't remember.

I've checked in the general InputScript, there's two script for "shootProjectile".
I found another one that could do the job is on the "AdventureBase" named : ChangeToAttack_AdventureBase.asm

When I add it to my project and run it, it gives me a few error : Unknow Label.

Is there a simple way to fix it, or is there anyone that have already created a script for melee attack on the MetroVania module ?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 2020-09-26_15-04-05.png
    2020-09-26_15-04-05.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 143
I'm not sure if anyone did a Melee script yet, but the errors you have here are because the adventure module is using a 'weaponChoice' variable, but the Metrovania module doesn't use that, it only has a projectile script. My work around at the moment is that I'm having the projectile script shoot a projectile that ignores gravity and moves at 0 or 1 speed. and the projectile is just a shockwave type graphic.

you can try to watch the intermediate adventure module tutorial video HERE at around 35 min, I think Joe talks about the weapon choice table that is inlcuded in the changetoattack script. that will give you some background on what you'd need to change in that script for it to work in metrovania module. first of all, you'd have to remove the up and down directions for attack. You'd have to edit out the weaponchoice stuff if you only want one melee weapon.

dale_coop

Staff member
You need to add a new variable called "weaponchoice" :

2020-09-28-13-35-31-NES-MAKER-4-5-6-Version-0x176-Adventure-Tutorial-MST.png

Top Bottom