[4.5.6] MetroidVania module only loads Monster 1 on seam load? [fixed]

AllDarnDavey

MonsterSeamLoad.gif
So here's the issue I'm having. In the MetroidVania module monsters load fine when starting on that screen or warping into a screen. But monsters that load in as the scroll gets to them always load the first monster in the group regardless of what monster I set it to.

In the gif above, I set every monster as a cover shooter, the first one on the initial screen I warp into loads fine, but after that they come in as probe monsters instead (the first monster in the group). It's not just them loading the wrong graphics, their AI is clearly the probe AI (just move left).

Anyone encounter this before? I imaging it's a bug between the code for a screen load spawning monsters, and the scroll code for loading monsters. Any advice on where to look?

AllDarnDavey

I fixed it. Compared my doUpdateCamera to the default MetroidVania one and found some inconsistencies beyond the scrolling improvements and fixes I've made. Looks like my scrolling fixes were built on an older version of the file, not the most up to date version. It's fixed now.

mouse spirit

Well done. I was hoping you'd figure it out. The game looks smooth.Nice to have a jump up and jump down animations too.
Reminds me of ninja gaiden and something else though.I cant put my finger on it, but i mean looks looks like it. I feel my
char still resembles wing of madoola girl, lucia. I don't want it to hinder any success, so i am just mentioning it.

Top Bottom