The Tower of Turmoil

SerafukuSoftware

CutterCross said:
Well, I finally got my cart flasher!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKD5h7-sbQk

There's nothing more rewarding yet satisfying than seeing a NES game that you've created, running on actual hardware, on an old CRT. Man it's beautiful.
Also the NES' mono-mixing of your music and sfx make them sound even better coming out of that little TV. Sweet!!

CutterCross

SerafukuSoftware said:
There's nothing more rewarding yet satisfying than seeing a NES game that you've created, running on actual hardware, on an old CRT. Man it's beautiful.
Also the NES' mono-mixing of your music and sfx make them sound even better coming out of that little TV. Sweet!!

So, so true :D it's a sight to behold.

And yeah! On this setup you can hear stuff like the triangle kick-drums a lot clearer now!

dale_coop

Staff member
Wow, so beautiful running on real hardware, right?! Always blowing my mind each time I test NESMaker games/demos on my NES <3

CutterCross

****UPDATE: Ver. 1.03 is live and ready for download! You can find the download link on the first post of this topic under "DOWNLOADS".

Ver. 1.03 fixes a LOT of problems with the older versions! Here's a quick rundown:

- New cutscene/story dialogue. (Fixes text looping issue.)
- Ability to skip the boss cutscene.
- Limit to one sword slash on screen at a time. (No more spamming and slowing the game down.)
- Fixed player's momentum issue when he attacks in mid-air.
- Fans are easier to use.
- HUD is disabled in cutscenes.
- SELECT button now warps the player back to the last checkpoint reached.
- New SFX for trampolines and checkpoint warp.
- All trigger-able screens now reset to being un-triggered after death/checkpoint warp.
- New Easter eggs!
- Bosses have longer invincibility periods. (No longer able to cheese them.)
- Player can now down-stab off weapon-immune monster objects. (Fireballs, Spear traps, Boss projectiles, etc.)
- Most health bugs (that I could find) have been fixed.
- Slightly updated credits.

I have to give a huge thanks to Dale Coop for this update. Most of this stuff couldn't have happened without his help! (and patience, haha.)

Raftronaut

CutterCross said:
****UPDATE: Ver. 1.03 is live and ready for download! You can find the download link on the first post of this topic under "DOWNLOADS".

Ver. 1.03 fixes a LOT of problems with the older versions! Here's a quick rundown:

- New cutscene/story dialogue. (Fixes text looping issue.)
- Ability to skip the boss cutscene.
- Limit to one sword slash on screen at a time. (No more spamming and slowing the game down.)
- Fixed player's momentum issue when he attacks in mid-air.
- Fans are easier to use.
- HUD is disabled in cutscenes.
- SELECT button now warps the player back to the last checkpoint reached.
- New SFX for trampolines and checkpoint warp.
- All trigger-able screens now reset to being un-triggered after death/checkpoint warp.
- New Easter eggs!
- Bosses have longer invincibility periods. (No longer able to cheese them.)
- Player can now down-stab off weapon-immune monster objects. (Fireballs, Spear traps, Boss projectiles, etc.)
- Most health bugs (that I could find) have been fixed.
- Slightly updated credits.

I have to give a huge thanks to Dale Coop for this update. Most of this stuff couldn't have happened without his help! (and patience, haha.)

Wow, I need to check this version out! Admittedly have only played the first level a few times and checked out the cutscenes. In some ways I’ve been waiting until I had the free time to properly dig into it. It’s incredibly impressive work no matter how you slice it!

mouse spirit

I was looking for this so i could try it out, and i accidentally went and downloaded The Legend of Takemaru!
Which looks really cool.Kinda seems like a master system game but smoother . Looks very fun. Well done.

mouse spirit

Well The Legend of Takemaru is awesome. I absolutely love the overall feel and i havnt even gotten that far yet.
It is workin my left hand though, dang!
I will have to use joytokey so i can use my nes controller.Keybord only is tough but i like trying something different.
Sometime i'll post my original pc almika game .It didnt make it far at all, but i always wanted it to be an
nes game ne-way.

CutterCross

Legend of Takemaru was my first game I made for any platform. I don't really like it anymore though, but eh, we all have to start somewhere.

Glad to hear you enjoy it for what it is though!

After over 3 months in development, The Tower of Turmoil is finally complete!

aFe0zdk.png

Hundreds of people have mysteriously disappeared throughout the land, and a treacherous tower has seemingly risen out of nowhere...

A lone swordsman named Takemaru Kurumana has sensed a great amount of dark energy from the tower, and knows that he's the only one capable of stopping it. As the wielder of the Sword of Divinity, Takemaru races toward the Tower of Turmoil to dispel the source of the dark energy within, and solve the mystery behind the rapid disappearances.

Thanks to everybody who has helped support this game! For those who want to see its development history, click here: http://www.nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=227
Special thanks to dale_coop, jorotroid, MistSonata, and WolfMerrik for their ASM contributions!

I'd love to see screenshots and videos of you guys playing this game! So feel free to post them down below! Have fun and thank you for being patient with this game's development! It's been a wild ride!

Made with NESmaker 4.0.11 Platformer Module

UPDATES:

****UPDATE 01: Ver. 1.01 adds a couple small bug fixes.

****UPDATE 02: New box art!

****UPDATE 03: Ver. 1.03 fixes most major bugs and glitches in the game, adds a checkpoint warp feature with the SELECT button, and adds a couple new hidden Easter eggs!

****UPDATE 04: Changed download link to the itchio page.

DOWNLOADS:

VER 1.03:
https://cuttercross.itch.io/the-tower-of-turmoil
Very good! There is no way to add squats? I think it would be cool...

August Renders

I just played this game tonight. I do compliment its game design and surprise after the final stage. My criticisms go towards the difficulty, the bugs and the bland, empty first level.

Final Score: 8.25/10

Top Bottom