Turtle Rescue

TurtleRescueNES

My coding victory of the day! I finally figured out how to make my baby turtle eggs hatch only if the screen is safe. It took me many tries to get it just right, and it ended up being far simpler than I once feared. Oh, and this is the first appearance of a new foe for Toby.

Attachments

• ezgif-3-f3c17be028a8.gif
    ezgif-3-f3c17be028a8.gif
    161.2 KB · Views: 4,443

TurtleRescueNES

Now that the NESmaker Byte-Off competition is officially underway, I will be devoting all of my spare time to make sure that "Turtle Rescue" will be a worthy competitor. There are some amazing games out there, and I know that my art, music and programming skills are not in the caliber of some others here. My hope is that you guys end up loving Toby and his turtle friends as much as I do.

Best of luck to everyone, and in less than one month's time, look for an all-new demo of TURTLE RESCUE: UNHATCHED!

Attachments

• Twitter20190210.jpg
    Twitter20190210.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 4,356

TurtleRescueNES

So very close! Coding, level design, graphics and text should all be completed. I am now going to take my time and test the game to make sure that everything is as I expect it to be.

TurtleRescueNES

Are you ready for TURTLE TUESDAY? The #turtlerescuenes demo drops tomorrow! #nesmaker #byteoff

https://twitter.com/TurtleRescueNES/status/1105242981886509058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

TurtleRescueNES

Welcome to TURTLE TUESDAY! I broke the news on my Twitter feed that today will be the day I release my “Turtle Rescue: Unhatched” demo to the public. But not quite yet. While my game has action elements, its primary focus is on exploration. I want to give as many people a fair chance to experience the game for the first time without any exposure to spoilers via comments or play-through videos. So I decided to launch the game tonight at 7pm Eastern. I’ll drop the link then, and if you’re able to participate at that time, great! You’ll be the first (except maybe Joe, Josh and Austin.) If you cannot, then no prob. The game will be available indefinitely. Those that play, please be mindful not to leave spoilery comments. Maybe if there’s a demand, I can start a spoiler thread in the forums. Thanks all! I’m really excited to share my game, and I do hope you enjoy it. See you at 7pm Eastern!

Top Bottom