Game corruption

BoogTheObscure

Hi all

So, I just got 4.1.5, working my way through the tutorials and got to HUD and Text boxes, I was experimenting with placement and what was possible. I didn't have a HUD for my game, last thing I changed was setting 'Playable area' instead of the "Textbox area" by mistake in the HUD tab.

Before this I had everything working as per the tutorials, including music, after this the game would load in Mesen but no music or broken, glitchy music, blank screen with occasional grey static, PPU viewer showed nothing in the nametable or random boxes moving around and junk.

Have tried changing things in the HUD tab, erased screen from the overworld and started again, can't seem to get it working again and for some reason the last backup was the first broken save (my fault). Changing things tended to change the PPU viewer, sometimes there were boxes moving around, sometimes the screen slowly filling up with junk.

I'm not too bothered about losing this, but is this a known issue or just a typical Nesmaker experience, save save save because it WILL break?

Attached a version with music playing (just) and PPU going beserk:

View attachment game.zip.

bx

dale_coop

Staff member
I think, it's just your sprite zero that is not set correctly.
Check the video about the "Sprite Zero", it explains how to set it correctly (a tile in your gameobjectileset.bmp, a special position and hud...)
Also make sure you have your player object set as "player" and "persistent".

Top Bottom