OmegaDriver (temporary name)

MistSonata

I've thought about making tutorials, but honestly the physics script is going to change drastically in 4.1, and I'm too lazy to put in that much effort for something that might be obsolete soon enough.

del inf3rno

MistSonata said:
I've thought about making tutorials, but honestly the physics script is going to change drastically in 4.1, and I'm too lazy to put in that much effort for something that might be obsolete soon enough.

Your hot fixes were great help for the varjump script thank you for that. I wonder what they will have in stock for us with 4.1! Pretty excited for tools to play with.

I'm about to check the demo for Omega Driver, will post my results!

Dirk

MistSonata said:

Understandable ^^
One more thing I'm looking forward to besides the release of 4.1.

del inf3rno

Got to say, graphics on this are top notch! I love the style! The controls are pretty polished already definitely gonna have to keep up with this one. Great work!

A little bit more progress

Gave Famichan a megaman style arm cannon, the artwork design isnt final yet but its the basic idea of how its going to work.
LzVEGEl.gif

Also did a crouching position sprite in collaboration with Sonata, we kept revising each others revised design till we came up with something that works in a 4x4 square xD.
Heres all the new sprites
zEStCi3.png

Also tried working on the first boss monster but i ran into a huge bug, the walking animation just glitches out on 4th frame so i cant really continue work on it till the bug is fixed, which i hope will be in the next version of nesmaker (fingers crossed)
2My4eWl.gif

dale_coop

Staff member
Really nice! And thank you for sharing the artworks, love that so much <3

What is the size of your robot boss monster?

dale_coop

Staff member
Maybe.... your animation issue might be related to an old bug... (from the beta)?
Did you try to make all your animations, the same number of frames.
(For example, if your walking is a 4 frames animation, make all the animations, even the idle ones, 4 frames)
Here about that old bug: http://nesmakers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=184

Or maybe your tileset is not the correct dimensions.

CutterCross

Your animation bug is due to the fact that your boss is higher than 4 sprites high. Anything higher than that will almost certainly cause weird issues with the animation. One way to work around this is to split your boss into 2 different smaller monsters and stack them on top of each other, but moving them together will take some finagling to figure out. Also, having your boss larger than 4 sprites HORIZONTALLY can also cause some weird issues with the color palettes, though you don't seem to be having that issue yet. Always something to keep in mind though!

dale_coop, that didnt work, i doubt its the beta bug because other monsters would have this problem too.

CutterCross, What are the exact specifics of this bug? is it something to do with memory constraints? i cut out the 4th frame of animation and it works fine, i just need to rethink the walking animation to fit it into 3 frames instead of 4 and i already got an idea.

dale_coop

Staff member
CutterCross said:
Your animation bug is due to the fact that your boss is higher than 4 sprites high. Anything higher than that will almost certainly cause weird issues with the animation. One way to work around this is to split your boss into 2 different smaller monsters and stack them on top of each other, but moving them together will take some finagling to figure out. Also, having your boss larger than 4 sprites HORIZONTALLY can also cause some weird issues with the color palettes, though you don't seem to be having that issue yet. Always something to keep in mind though!

Wow... do you know if Joe informed about that issue and maybe have already fixed it in the 4.1?

CutterCross

SuperMar10Brothe said:
CutterCross, What are the exact specifics of this bug? is it something to do with memory constraints? i cut out the 4th frame of animation and it works fine, i just need to rethink the walking animation to fit it into 3 frames instead of 4 and i already got an idea.
The bug is kind of an enigma to me at the moment. All I know is that anything larger than 4 sprites wide, 4 sprites tall has the POTENTIAL to cause buggy animations/color pallet issues. I suppose it has to do with how many frames of animation you're using. (Nice solution btw!)

dale_coop said:
Wow... do you know if Joe informed about that issue and maybe have already fixed it in the 4.1?

I don't know about that. I talked about it in my video on analyzing cutscenes, which I'm pretty sure Joe has seen. Don't know if he fixed it in 4.1.0, or if it even CAN be fixed.

dale_coop

Staff member
CutterCross said:
I don't know about that. I talked about it in my video on analyzing cutscenes, which I'm pretty sure Joe has seen. Don't know if he fixed it in 4.1.0, or if it even CAN be fixed.

Ok, we'll see.... anyway, we need to keep that in mind.

SuperMar10Brothe said:
Ok so heres my solution (something i intended to do from the start anyway) making the robot pause after every step forward.
iODL6D3.gif

Oh! works nice. Love it

Top Bottom